OT 3.5

Thanks for your email.

Sorry that I didn't talk about the "serious" use of OT 3.5.

Run a system test with the indicators optimized ... then run the same system
test un-optimized. You'll be amazed at how the colour of the signals change.

I run all the indicators unoptimized and resist looking at the voting line.
I look at the top 10 daily and weekly signals for each tradable. This is the
only way that I can compare "apples with apples" within the profile.

All indicators can be standardized to whatever values you want (within
reason). They are not adaptive however. The optimization feature is a "red
herring" that I avoid at all costs.

There's nothing wrong with OT's indicators. Examine them closely in the
reference manual and you'll be surprised. OT got started by producing
quality addin indicator packages for programs like Metastock.

If you want to use optimization, try activating only 2 or 3 indicators and
look at the resulting optimization values for each tradable in the profile.

The "value" part of the program, for me, does not have a "friendly" user
interface, both manipulating values and printing out. The future direction
of the program/company does not indicate that developing these "inner" areas
of the program is a high priority. Instead the emphasis is on "glitz" and
"glamour".

If you can pick up a copy of the program cheaply, then get it and TURN OFF
the optimized signals. You'll learn a lot about indicators.

Best regards

Walter