Re: Suggestion for a useful addition to Metastock

Customers have asked Equis to give MetaStock the capability to output the
results of Explorations for a long time now.  Equis has never responded.
Whether or not they ever do this, it's difficult to tell.

There is an irritating task I have to do every single time I perform a "Find".
MetaStock, as with most Windows programs, doesn't remember all settings from
previous sessions.  Whenever I must do a "Find" for a particular security in my
security folders, I must set the folder to my stocks database.  There should be
a drop down menu for previous folders which I searched in.  This should be easy
since it only involves adding entries into the Registry.

While the charting part of MetaStock is pretty slick, the supporting parts could
use improvement.  There are other supporting areas which could use improvement
but I can't recall just now.  These are the little things which make a program
easier to use, similar to ergonomics.

One thing which Equis and Reuters MUST improve is their Downloader.  Right now,
the download process through Reuters EOD is extremely outdated.  I use
Quotes-Plus and while their Virtual program needs improvement, their download
process is very simple.  All I do is click on 1 button.  I don't worry about
ticker changes and the total download time is 2 minutes for the entire US
market, not 25 as in Reuters.

Daniel.