ftp:// site downloads?

Hi Ton et al

I'm trying to copy or download files from Gibbon Burke's site at

ftp://ftp.io.com/pub/usr/gibbonsb/futures/pc/

No luck ... they  come up fine on the screen and the worksheets are
functional in IE5.0 but I can't copy or download the files.

two notes say:

" ... CAUTION!!!
If you are using unix-base ftp, put it into binary mode (type "binary" at
the ftp prompt) before you start transferring these binary or they will be
rendered unreadable. ..."

Doesn't seem to work. I've tried typing "binary" in various places without
success.

Welcome to the Futures Spreadsheet Archive!

There are two directories here for your use:

mac Macintosh Computer format files
pc MS-DOS compatible file format

Both archives contain spreadsheet files created for Futures magazine,
as detailed in the November 1994 installment of my monthly column,
The Computerized Trader.

Issue  Article Title                                       PC Filename
Sep-92 All about f:Using a spreadsheet to maximize gain   optimalf.sea
Jan-93 Tips, tricks and tactics... (Student's t-test)     t-test.xlw
Apr-93 Easing the sting of April 15th (Tax day trade)   april15.xlw
Aug-93 Analyzing trading performance with Excel (VAMI)   vami.xls
Oct-93 Figuring Fibonacci retracements (caluculator)      retrace.xls
Oct-93 Measuring Market Choppiness with Chaos             choppy.xls
Feb-94 Picking nits and niggling ticks (proper rounding)  mround.xls
Mar-94 A sharper Sharpe ratio                             sharper.xls
Jun-94 Happy returns of the day (or, Hillary in the pits) returns.xls
Jul-94 Comparing Apples to Apples                         indexer.xlw

Files in the Macintosh (mac) directory have ".hqx" appended to the end of
the filename, indicating they are encoded using the BinHex4 standard. Use
BinHex4, Compactor, or Stuffit Expander to de-code these files into normal
macintosh spreadsheet files.

Files in the PC directory are raw binary files, so you will have to put
ftp into "binary" mode before you "get" anything.

I hope you find these files useful. Please let me know if you have
comments, ideas or suggestions for making this archive more useful.

Thanks,

Gibbons Burke
gibbonsb@xxxxxx

Any help would be appreciated