Organizer Recommendation

Equis:

Overtime, the members of the MetaStock list often receive duplicate dta files.
Importing dta files as currently structured requires us to "fly blind". Our
only option is to import and overwrite any indicators, system tests or experts
that might exist, risking that the imported file might be an earlier and less
developed version.

It would be highly desirable to code all *.dta files with some form of
descriptive identity such as name, date written, revision number, etc., that
would pop up on demand and/or have a unique name. I do not suggest that you
disclose any proprietary code within the dta file.

If this is already part of the 6.52 EOD revision, please accept my apology. I
have not as yet downloaded the new version.

Jim Barone