RE: Y2K solution for Metastock for DOS

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, D.Henderson wrote:

> Good Plan!!!  VB should work fine (Myself, I use Fortran 77)
> Yes, MS is a great little specialized charting utility!! (Key words,
> "little" and "utility".  No flames intended!)

Access + Excel might make a good combination - use queries in Access to
drill down to the stocks in the market sectors you are interested in,
identify trends, etc, then use Excel to run indicators for the data set
from your query results. Other external data could be incorporated, such
as statistics on issues having high option activity. If anyone wants to
collaborate on a database schema, email privately.

> How did your Y2K test on MS V4.5 for DOS work out??
> (From your statements above, can I assume not so well??)

The two year date format would place the 00 dates behind the 99 dates if
charting across the 1999-2000 year boundary. Once past this boundary I
don't see what the problem might be (other than a change in data format by
quote vendors). I wrote a little Perl routine that takes an intraday
series (tick data that might span months) and converts into a daily
representation so that you can chart in MS EOD, it charts fine using 00 as
the starting date. http://xmlworks.com/pseudort/

Cheers,

Jim