6.52 EOD Patch Causes System Hangup

All,
I have sent the following message to Equis Support. I
send it to you all as a warning and to see if anyone
may have encountered and solved this problem.

Regards,
Tim

OK, here's one for you.

I have been running MetaStock 6.5 EOD (Build 9/11/97)
on Windows 95. No problems, no complaints.

I installed the MetaStock EOD patch msw652.exe
(Build 1/22/99) a couple of weeks ago (around 2/8/99).
The patch seemed to install correctly (I got the
congratulations message etc.) The new install worked
for a couple of days.

Then one day I was using MetaStock and the program got
hung. (The only unusual thing I was doing was that I
was running with the VIEW|FULL SCREEN option on. I
usually do not do this.) When I say hung I mean hung.
The only way I could exit was to either press the
reset button or power the computer off and back on.

After restarting the system I tried to run MetaStock
again. The splash screen came up but the program did
not. Also, if I try to bring up another application after
trying to start MetaStock my system will hang again.

So, I uninstalled the patched version of MetaStock and
re-installed MetaStock 6.5 EOD (Build 9/11/97) from my CD.
No problems, no complaints.

Today (2/18/99), I downloaded the latest patch on the
Equis website (msw652.exe). I assume that this patch was
more current than the prior patch I had previously tried.
I uninstalled MetaStock and installed the patch. Again, I
received the message indicating that the installation was
successful. I restarted the system and tried to start
MetaStock. Once again, I got the splash screen but MetaStock
would not come up. Same symptoms as before.

So, once again I uninstalled MetaStock and re-installed
MetaStock 6.5 EOD (Build 9/11/97) from my CD. No problems,
no complaints.

I can only assume that the prior version of the patch caused
a file to become corrupted. Which one? I do not want to delete
all of my data, indicator, and other files. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Regards,
Tim