Re: FWIW reversing

Interesting, Guy. I've been long-term (which is 6 weeks for me) market
neutral since Thanksgiving. However, my LT market system started to lean
short about a week ago. The pounding the NASDAQ took from the
futures/options guys on Thursday confirmed direction for me so I went short
both the 500(SPY) and mid-cap(MDY) Spiders on a 1:2 ratio at the open
Friday. I set my initial stops at 127 on the 500 and 71 5/8 on the mid-cap.
I'm now a little less than a point in the money on each and will be looking
to move the stops to breakeven after another point.

As this is a LT trade I use scale in establishing my total positions. Half
was bet opening the trade. Two-thirds of the remaining will be placed
if/when yield on the 30yr Treasury breaks above 5.4% and the last third
if/when the SPY breaks below its 50-day EMA. My target is the 119 level on
the SPY. Should the downtrend continue I'd double up at the 200-day SMA.

cheers,
Rick