System Testing Suggestions

>From previous emails, we do read about some on the limitations of
implementing systems, indicators using Metastock code. Here are some
suggestions to consider:-
1) To be able to use a variable as a flag (changes from 1 to 0, true
or false) when certain conditions are met eg. when buy conditions are
met the flag is set but the actual buy order is executed later.
2) To be able to reset counters back to zero after having met a
condition and the count begins again. There's the cum() function but
there's no reset to zero.
3) To be able to buy at the open and sell at the close on the same
day and vice-versa eg after having met a certain bar pattern.
4) To be able to simulate orders in the market ie. stop, limit,
market etc and not just to buy at the open or at the close eg. buy at
open + 1 point stop.
5) To be able to equate points into dollars or pounds (for uk users)
in the system test report. This is all the more relevant when trading futures.
6) This last suggestion may be indirectly related. One of the
fundamental issue to systems testing for futures contracts is to have
the correct continuous data. Data vendors seem to provide a limited
form of continuous data or even none at all. The downloader could be
upgraded with this new feature. The continuous contract could be
created, back or forward adjust at the spot month expiration, 1st
notice days, volume changes or user defined etc., perpetual or gann.
I think there will be a lot of potential purchases for Metastock
software based just on this feature alone ...and we'll forgive Equis
for all the woes in the current downloader patch.

Regards
Steve