Re: Y2000 Data and Other Packages + Re: Old and still not fixed date problem

  • To: "Metastock-List" <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Y2000 Data and Other Packages + Re: Old and still not fixed date problem
  • From: "A.J. Maas" <anthmaas@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 09:29:24 -0500 (EST)

To Ed Middleton and David Hunt,

Excuse me guys, that I jumped to my 'too premature' conclusions, as somehow
we are all "right-somewhere-down-the-line".

Here are some more Additions to the List's + programs DL and MS Help-Files:

DL: The DL's ASCI-convert-files will work with the 8 digits in the layouts'
        Date column, but this is in the spreadsheet format's digits positionings,
        eg being in the format " mm/dd/yyyy " .
        This is and was also available in Excel's spreadsheet as well as in the
        previous DL6.x versions.
DL: The DL Convert|Option|Source TAB's First and Last Date functions and
        therefore for many of the other in the DL parts used Dialog Windows, where
        dates can or need manual adjusting by users' input, are (difficult)
        adjustable using the the 0 for the Y1,900+ and 1 for the Y2,000+ (as is
        standard in computerland: the 0 represents OFF and the 1 represents ON ).
        When/If this doesn't function the first time by pressing the 0 or 1 Keys on
        the keyboard, then double(2x or more) press the Keys again.
        Note:
        The manual adjusting of dates can very easy be acomplished using the,
        now somehow more frequently available, exotic Calenders
        (which still missout on the YOY-button to make ' yearly ' dates changes!).
MS: In MS the above mentioned date entries by users' manual input in programs
        Dialog Windows can also be acomplished via the above mentioned for
        the DL described ways.

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxx