Re: Relative Strength Index

I'm trying to calculate how Equis comes up with the RSI figures.  I've
tried using the formula in the manual (100-(100/1+U/D)) where U = change of
up days/time period and D= change in down days/time period.

I'm coming up with at least a 5 point difference.  I've contacted Equis and
they indicated that the real formula is in Wilders book: New Concepts in
Technical Trading Systems.  Unfortunately she wasn't able to send me a copy
of that formula.  My Reuters RSI is also different from the Metastock #
(and the # I'm coming up with).

Is there someone who has a copy of his book and could either post the
formula or could fax it to me?  I'd appreciate it very much.

One question is how they would adjust for a period where there were no down
days during that time frame?  Obviously you couldn't divide the # of up
days by zero.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Heidi