Fwd: basic advice

I did not see this appear earlier.  If it did I apolgize for resending.
From: URNMOR@xxxxxxx
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: URNMOR@xxxxxxx
Subject: basic advice
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 19:16:16 EST

I have what I beleive are very basic questions regarding trading but I believe
theanswers would assist me greatly in how I formulate my approach to trading
stocks.  The first questions has to do with references.

	If one could choose only three books to learn,understand and use as a
reference for trading what would they be?

	What three newspapers and or periodicals should one subscribe to obtain daily
data on the market, latest  market trends and ongoing changes or suggestions
on how to become a better technical trader.  If one believes there should be
more than three please list by 1st, 2nd 3rd etc.

	How many shares should one purchase of stocks in the 5 to 10 dollar range, 10
to 30, etc to make a trade worth while considering the price of commissions.

	How long should one hold a stock and what return should one target as
resonable.  (I do not see myself as a day trader however I am having
difficulty selling after I make 3 points on a $10 stock especially if it
happens in a week or two).  It would seem the return is great however I suffer
from the ownership syndrone.  Once I own it I don't want to give it up.  My
wife goes through my closets when I am asleep to through away my leisure
suits.

	What are the best and cheapest on line brokers to use?  I currently use
Schwarb and Dean Witter.  Schwab on line and Dean for long term.

Again I know these are basic but I truly believe this is the best post to get
these answers as I begin to learn more about TA .

My thanks in advance

John McLaughlin