Re: 200 Simple Moving Average

Bijan: I looked at SBTK both in QP2 and in MetaStock and it works correctly.  You appear to have applied the 200 MA incorrectly in MetaStock both times.  Whenever you apply a MA in MetaStock, you must ensure that the scale is "merged into" the scale for your stock.  I have saved a sample chart of SBTK with a 200 MA in my personal web space so that you may inspect it.  The address is:  http://www.twow.com/horizon/metastock/ I didn't bother converting it to GIF so it is 178K large.  I really wish Equis had used GIF instead of JPG.  This conversion step is bothersome. Daniel.     Bijan Khezri wrote:  It appears that in Metastock the long averages, in this particular case the 200 day simple moving average, is traced based on the number of days displayed on the screen, rather than the data available.  Or am I using something in a wrong way.  The first chart is a capture from Quotes Plus with all data available, the other two are from MS 6.5 in two different zoom settings.  The 200 SMA is positioned completely differently.  What is the use of the indicator if one can not zoom to see the intersections? Bijan