Nikkei225 - prone to manipulation

Hi Anton,
In last Monday's Financial Times there was an interesting article about the Nikkei225. The author's
conclusion was in essence that it should be scrapped. Because of the regulating commission's extreme
pre-occupancy with historical constancy there is more than just a couple of near defunct companies and
companies with a ridiculously low market capitalization in the Nikkei225. This makes the index very
susceptible to manipulations of all kinds - cf the extreme amount of window dressing taking place right
now. In consequence the FT will henceforth publish the Nikkei300 alongside the 225. Problem is, the
pesky thing cannot at present be discarded because everyone ogles it & of course there exist many many
futures on it.
Happy Trading, JW