RE: QP2

Dan  none of the code in the examples in the zip file access the QP2
database from C Code.  The .exe's included are hacks designed to force the
QP command to complete before returning control to the script.  Without all
these all download, scanning, and MS export will all happen in parallel
versus in series.

> I assume
> you wrote and compiled the EXE's because the source code is there
> also.

Yes

>  Did you
> only use the HTML documentation which came with QP2 or did you
> obtain additional
> information from Quote-Plus?

N/A since I'm not using their API. Docs on the API are included in the DLL
subdirectory of all QP2 installations....   Samples are provided for Visual
C++ and Visual Basic.....

Also gary has automation working in excell that can load price data from QP2
straight into Excel...

They can be found here...

http://www.qp2.com/QP2Macros.zip

> I'll have to buy MSVC++ v6.x and learn C++ if I want to do the
> same.  I did
> learn elementary ANSI C but that was a long time ago.  I have a
> hard enough time
> just doing Metastock TA.  <G>  The problem is, if I invest all the time
> required, will Quotes-Plus later change all the commands?

There is no guaarantee that no one will not change commands even equis.  The
purpose of the qputils is to show you an example qpdaily_95.bat that can
automatically download your data, run scans, archive scan results with
dates,  merge results and eliminate duplicates and export the data to
Metastock directories all without a single key stroke.  No 'C' programming
required just a little hacking to a dos batch file and some patience.  I
really need to put some docs in their.  Two .bat files contained have lots
of comments and show the intent of what is to be done....

Now certainly one can write anything they want in a real programming
language and use the QP2 database for source but this endaveour is for more
seasoned programmers.  Plenty of power can be had using a small amount of
batch files though.  Note to others: I only choose dos batch because
everyone had it.  Winbatch, Perl, TCL, etc are all far more flexible but all
the same techniques used in my examples can be applied...

Hope this helps...

Sean