Re: can metastock do flip flops?

Onno, my mail of 27th Sept got helpful replies from Guy, Martin Haesler,
Gerhard, and Ton Maas, and I tried them all;

1)The Maas one did not work quite, it had a bias towards the buy side as
the logic was not balanced, but works if modified as follows   CondA is the
buy condition, and condB the sell condition etc
Modified Maas formula;
If(Ref(condA,-1)=0 AND (condA =1), 1,
   If (Ref((condB,-1)=0 AND (condB = 1),-1,0))
This gives a +1 spike on condA, a-1 spike  on  cond B,  otherwise is zero.

2)Alternatively,  Guy Tann's code shows a true binary wave, +1 during long,
-1 during short phases; slightly modified for MS6.5 and my code;

test;= If(condA,+1,If(condB,-1,0));
If(Mov(test,2,E),>,0,+1,-1)

3) Gerhard's gave a biased spike signal when I ran it, and as both the
above worked, I left it at that.

For the last three weeks I have been out in my orchard harvesting apples,
which involves walking round in circles for hours on end, behind a
pedestrian machine, and breathing lots of fumes, either of which can make
me dizzy, and unlikely to be able the think logically.

To all who helped, thank you. Soon I will  post the next stage of my
day-trading system as it develops.

So it goes,

Simon.

E mail; Roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx