Re: Shark question

> In trying to get a feel for Shark charts I have noticed that the TASC/Equis
>  Expert does not seem to generate a buy or sell signal on the day
>  immediately following Day Three,

Chuck:

The Shark system is really based on two separate events: the occurence of the
pattern and then the signal.

The pattern isn't the signal. The system gives a signal if and when the stock
breaks above the high point in the pattern over the next 25 days. The high on
the first day of the pattern sets that high point. It's like a resistance
level, set by the highest point in the shark fin. Sometimes the stock doesn't
break above it, so there's no signal. The Shark pattern shows consolidation,
which may indicate an expansion in price to come. But the breakout doesn't
always occur.

If the stock breaks below the low point in the pattern, there's a sell signal.

Brooke