Re: Shark-32 for Quotes Plus

In a message dated 9/20/98 12:02:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
altag@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I read the article and it makes a lot of
>  sense.  I did not notice where you have written the sell portion of the
>  formula.

I didn't post the sell portions of the formula, but you can get all the
Metastock formulas at the Equis site:

http://www.equis.com/customer/support/formulas/cf00096.html

Also, they're available at the TASC site:

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/TradersTips...

I was primarily interested in converting the buy-signal formula into a Quotes
Plus scan. As you point out, the Shark-32 system can also be used for
shorting, when price closes below the shark pattern. The Quotes Plus scan
could be changed to find shorts, by just looking for price breakouts to the
downside: This would be the new coding in the final conditions in the scan:

if close(i+j)<sharkhigh and
     close((i+j)-1)>sharkhigh

The old lines were:

if close(i+j)<sharkhigh and