UG & Bill (Adam and Eve, Tom. Dick, and Harry, Larry, Moe,and Curly)

  • To: "MetaStock-List" <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: UG & Bill (Adam and Eve, Tom. Dick, and Harry, Larry, Moe,and Curly)
  • From: "Steve Karnish" <kernish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 14:51:50 -0400 (EDT)

UG writes:
"You don't know me from Adam, but if I came on the list,
unannounced and yelled
"Buy gold, now!", would you do it?  Would you ask why I'm saying
this, and
what qualifications I have?  I hope you would!"

Let me ask you, what's more important: someone's qualifications
or someone's ability to trade accurately?  I suppose, if I
posted my academic achievements, my work history, the papers
I've published and you said: "Wow what a guy"...then would that
make you want to follow my advice more than if I was "street
kid" that dropped out of high school?  (I love drop out stories)
 What's more important here,  the mentor's ability to accurately
frame the market using Elliot techniques or the fact that he has
three post graduate degrees?

Without getting personal and naming names, there are a lot of
high profile "system selling", seminar giving (money grubbing),
article writing individuals that do what they do, because they
can't trade these markets worth a lick.

Bill and UG:  I hope you guys don't put much stock in someone's
"qualifications"...most people lie on their resumes.  Let's see
if the mentor's predictions are accurate over a reasonable
period of time and that should "qualify" him.

Steve Karnish
CCT