Re: Zero Balance

  • To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Zero Balance
  • From: UG <ug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:52:17 -0400 (EDT)

Von Hef writes:

> I am reading a book written by Larry Williams and he describes an indicator
> he calls "Zero Balance". Has anyone seen this indicator written for
> MetaStock, and if so what are your thoughts on this tool? He seems to use
> this to forecast future market direction. I would like to experiment with
> this, but would rather not spend time developing the code.....unless nobody
> else has ever coded it to MetaStock.

It's mentioned in his batting .800 stuff too.

It's a simple formula, but requires "swing values", which can ONLY be
calculated in arrears.  (The Zig-Zag is like this I think.  Or am I mistaken
there?)

Swing values go from a high swing value to a low swing value.  Assume the last
swing value was a low one, then the next swing value is the next highest high,
but it must be higher than any high over the last X and *Next* X days.  In
other words, the highest high with X days on either side of it.

X is usually between 4 and 7. Since you need to know the highs of the NEXT X
days to see if the day in question was a swing value, you can only see if it
was at earliest X days ago.  Similar with low.

Having said that, you get the last 8 or so swing values and label them 1->8; 8
being the most recent. Zero balance says the next swing value can be predicted
by this simple formula. I forget it exactly, but it's something like
S9 = S5 + S3 - S6.  Something like that; that's not it.

I can dig it up for you if you like.

--
Why are there 5 syllables in the word "monosyllabic"?
http://www.unixgeek.com/cgi-bin/motd.pl - PGP email preferred