Re: "Trade The Trend" - Freebie - DD Trend Formula

David,
Thank you for contribution. I am sorry to have not got back to you sooner
but with two Aussies working their way to the final of the US Open and the
Australian team picking up more gold at the Commonwealth Games than is held
by our Reserve Bank it has been too easy to get distracted. Roll on Sydney
and 2000.
When we get something like your posting I like to pull it apart and try to
understand what each part is meant to do. One first question I have is what
is the significance of the 40 day moving average as you use it three times
in the system, in fact you use (Mov(C,40,S),>,Ref(Mov(C,40,S),-1) in the
formula as well as a filter in the Explorer (and a third time if you count
its use in colB)?