Re: Excel converstion of data for MSPRO

  • To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Excel converstion of data for MSPRO
  • From: BGiroux <bgiroux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 11:13:35 -0400 (EDT)

CMA wrote:
snip,snip...
>    Bruce, could you share with us the web site you use and the Excel
> macro that does the trick?
>    (Dreyfus Brokerage Services used to and may still have good EOD
> data).
>     Thanks, CMA

I have several sources to use to get my EOD data.  In one case, I
download files from Yahoo!.  I don't remember the format, but after
setting up the portfolio on the Yahoo Finance page, I select the
download to spreadsheet format and download the quotes to the directory
I have selected.

Basically, build your macro to load the saved EOD data file you
downloaded from Yahoo! or where ever.  Then, have the macro move the
columns in the order that the downloader program requires and add the
header for the columns to the top row. If I remember correctly, they are
additional headers required in the Downloader format. Next, have the
macro save the file to a different file name.

Next, start the downloader program and append the file to the existing
files as Brooke suggested.

If someone knows of an easiler method, could you pass it along.

Bruce