Re: Excel converstion of data for MSPRO

  • To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Excel converstion of data for MSPRO
  • From: UG <ug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 13:11:50 -0400 (EDT)

BGiroux writes:

> Basically, build your macro to load the saved EOD data file you downloaded
> from Yahoo! or where ever.  Then, have the macro move the columns in the
> order that the downloader program requires and add the header for the
> columns to the top row. If I remember correctly, they are something like
> required in the Downloader format. Next, have the macro save the file to a
> different file name.
>
> Next, start the downloader program and append the file to the existing
> files as Brooke suggested.
>
> If someone knows of an easiler method, could you pass it along.

I use a perl script to massage my EOD data, which is orders of magnitude
faster.

I'd be happy to write one for you if you show me your input and what you want
as output.  If you need perl, let me know that; I can show you where to get it
for '95/98/NT.

I think the guy who wrote QuoteMonster (apologies if I have the name wrong)
uploaded a script to do this sort of thing too.

--
Progress at best consists of replacing errors with more subtle errors
http://www.unixgeek.com/cgi-bin/motd.pl - PGP email preferred