Re: Quotes Plus 2.0, a finished product?

The virtual interface in beta works just fine as it is.  QP2 works just fine
as it is.  Your demands work just fine as they are.  OK?

For the record QP2 works.  The virtual interface works.  The virtual
interface is a feature for most, unecessary for some, offered by no one else
in any case, and for you "all important".  The virtual tool works as it is,
named beta or not.  That's fine.  Don't use it or buy it.  Meanwhile many
will find the incredible utility of the scanning and its language terrific.
AND almost everyone gets a speedy download off the internet.  Again, these
notes are not just my experience, check out the QP forum at Silicon
Investor.  Hundreds of people share the same take on it.

I agree that it would be nice if all the features etc. were in a final
format, slick, well integrated, never to be tampered with until some future
upgrade.  QP instead, releases an extremely workable product, just fine as
it is, and commits to continuous updates.  Software works like that.

Don't know about Norton 2.0 incompatabilities but Norton is NOTORIOUS for
being incompatabile with many softwares, especially niche market software.
For instance, I've had problems with Norton and Dramatic Pro, Movie Magic
Scheduling, and Mathcad.

I've not tried to download the latest qp2.exe for 6 weeks, since what I've
got works great.  You're probably either hitting a cycle where the newest
version is not up, or the site is inundated with others downloading.  Also,
your criticism seems to imply that still a third piece of software is
necessary to use the virtual feature.  Not true.  QP2.exe and the virtual
add-on (very small) are all that is necessary.  It's true of course, that
you do need another piece of software, Metastock or the analog, to justify
the virtual tool.

The issue of the virtual feature being in beta is interesting.  Most
software companies, Microsoft takes a lot of heat for this, release software
that should be called beta and it not.  You're giving this product heat for
the reverse.  So be it.  No marketing system will satisfy everyone.  I like
to have a product updated for free, especially when it works well in the
first place.

I'm responding to your comments only because I think the other side should
be represented, not because I want to argue or change your mind.  QPlus v 2
works, works great, works for many, is quick to download, and the virtual
feature also works.  Your mileage may vary, but many many have a more
positive experience.

QP v 2 is certainly not a ripoff.  That's an opinion.  It's mine.  You and I
can disagree.  However, that it works and works well, and that the intenet
downloads are speedy, these are not opinions but facts.

Regards,

Regards,

George Van Noy
jorxj@xxxxxxxxxxxx