RE: message interruptus

Steve,
In my partcular case, I was looking for something that I can use to switch
my 401K accounts.
I as many, have unlimited switching capabilities and can switch right up to
the market close.
I have in the basket an S&P500 index fund that suits the purpose.

The method I initially used was to optimize from around 3/90 to 1/1/97 and
then test the results from 1/1/97 to now.
I did enjoy Harvey's piece yesterday.
Thanks to you and all that have responded.  This is a great place to learn.

> James,
> I'll let the formula wizards handle your technical question, but
> wouldn't it make more sense to "optimize" the formula for each
> security or futures contract?  Lumber doesn't dance to the same
> rhythm as DELL.  Please keep in mind the basic laws of
> optimizing (see Harvey Pearce's excellent discussion from
> yesterday).
> Steve Karnish
> CCT

James Wolf, KR9U