RE: message interruptus

Steve

Good point.  I was 'stealing' mainframe time in 1963 in Detroit.  Like you,
started on a homemade Northstar Horizon running CP/M way before there was an
IBM PC or an Apple computer.  Heck, I had two or three years in before they
came out with the first hard drive.  I seem to remember a large 5.25" hard
drive that contained 5MB and cost me $1,200 or so, and that was in 1960
dollars.  Now that I think about it, when we started there were only single
sided, single density diskettes that held 140k (I think?).  A big system
contained 4 meg of memory and 2 of those SSSD floppies.

I was playing with a MITS IMSAI before that, but I don't count it.  Never
did anything productive on it.  Even my dad was working with PCs before
Louis Mendelsohn.  Maybe, we should all get together and set up an old
fa*t's web page to toot our collective horns.  That's assuming we can still
find them <G>.

Regards

Guy