Re: message interruptus

Frans,

Thanks for your offer.  Sounds like Kramer is doing something
similar.  Just goes to show...nothing's new.  You can only
massage these numbers so many ways.  Perry Kaufman was pretty
interested in what I was doing in the late seventies and it was
this exact same thing that is posted on the list today: "moving
average momentum oscillators" or what I like to cal MAMO's.

This reminds me of a phone solicitation I got about a month ago:
Someone from Louis Mendelsohn's office (ProfitTaker) called and
kept insisting that Louie was the "Father of System Testing"
(the absolute first person in the country to develop systems on
a computer).   After letting him go on for a while with his
"pitch", I informed him that I started "stealing" time from an
Ann Arbor computer firm 1975: building and simulating systems.
He then backed up and said, "Well, what I meant to say was that
Mr. Mendelshon was the person in the country to build systems on
a "personal computer" in 1979".  That's when I informed him of
my MAMO work programmed into a 4k TRS - 80 Model I.  I don't
know what my point is.  Mendelsohn can afford to take out full
page ads and I still have to get up a 5am to answer the phone
and make trades.  Those that can trade, those that can't sell
"shitty" systems to the unsuspecting public.  Thanks for your
concern and if you do get the motivation to identify the
article, scan and send it or I will give you my snail mail
address.  My TASC only go back three years.
Thanks again,

Steve Karnish
CCT

----------
> From: derksenf <derksenf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: message interruptus
> Date: Saturday, August 29, 1998 1:11 PM
>
> Steve,
>
> This reminds me of an article in TASAC April or May '94 by
Bruce Kramer.
> He combines a moving average oscillator with moving average
momentum and
> stochastics oscillator and (unsmoothed stocastics) Williams %R
and ADX into
> a consistent "all weather" system, with which I played for a
while but left
> the idea for some reason. If you're interested and don't have
access to that
> TASAC article, just yell and I'll dive into some closets in
the garage or in
> the attic.
>
> Frans
>
> At 08:55 28-08-98 -0700, you wrote:
> >I've sent the following message twice...once last night and
once
> >about three hours  ago.  It's not showing up so far.  If all
> >three of these messages show up on the list, please accept my
> >apology for the clutter.
> >
> >"My first attempt at developing a computer system was with a
> >TRS-80.  I had someone program the logic and I haven't
"learnt
> >nothin' yet/since".  My objective is to turn this little
"moving
> >average oscillator" into a system test. I would like to
reverse
> >my position when the oscillator reverses it's direction.
Here's