Re: DeMark Indicators

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 23:23:48 -0700, you wrote:

>I bought a Metastock formula for the DeMark Indicators from someone several
>years ago, but don't know where I put it after I checked it out.  I'll try
>to look through my files and see if I can find anything, but won't promise
>anything.

For Mike Morgan:

TDSeqBuySignal

(C < Ref(C,-4) AND
Ref(C,-1) < Ref(C,-5) AND
Ref(C,-2) < Ref(C,-6) AND
Ref(C,-3) < Ref(C,-7) AND
Ref(C,-4) < Ref(C,-8) AND
Ref(C,-5) < Ref(C,-9) AND
Ref(C,-6) < Ref(C,-10) AND
Ref(C,-7) < Ref(C,-11) AND
Ref(C,-8) < Ref(C,-12) )

TDSeqSellSignal

(C > Ref(C,-4) AND
Ref(C,-1) > Ref(C,-5) AND
Ref(C,-2) > Ref(C,-6) AND
Ref(C,-3) > Ref(C,-7) AND
Ref(C,-4) > Ref(C,-8) AND
Ref(C,-5) > Ref(C,-9) AND
Ref(C,-6) > Ref(C,-10) AND
Ref(C,-7) > Ref(C,-11) AND
Ref(C,-8) > Ref(C,-12) )

For Expert System

Name : ThomasDeMarkSequential

Notes :

TD Sequential Chapter 7, Figures 7.28 - 7.31.
"Sequential" is a Trademark held by Thomas R. DeMark.
"Price Countdown" is a Trademark held by Thomas R. DeMark.
"Price Intersector" is a Trademark held by Thomas R. DeMark.
Idea taken from "The New Science of Technical Analysis" by Thomas R.
DeMark, published by John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1994.

Commentary:

Thomas DeMark Indicator of <Name>(<SYMBOL>)
Writeif(  Fml("TDSeqBuySignal" ) ,

"Sequential Setup is at 9 down.  The minimum conditions for a valid
'Nine Count' Setup Down have been satisfied.

Expect the market to stabilize or to produce a short term reversal to
the upside.  However, unless the market is in a free fall or the
larger trend is up, this reversal should be temporary and the decline
should resume later.

For More Information on the 'DeMark Indicators' contact:

Duane Davis
P.O. Box 736
Fairview, NC 28730
(704) 628-4222 Voice (704) 628-3100 Fax

Important: This commentary is designed solely as a training tool for
the understanding of technical analysis of the financial markets. It
is not designed to provide any investment or other professional
advice.")\

Writeif(  Fml( "TDSeqSellSignal" )  ,

"Sequential Setup is at 9 up.  The minimum conditions for a valid
'Nine Count' Setup Up have been satisfied.  Expect the market to
stabilize or to produce a short term reversal to the down side.
However, unless the market is in a blow off phase or the larger trend
is down, this pullback should be temporary and the advance should
resume later.

For More Information on the 'DeMark Indicators' contact:

Duane Davis
P.O. Box 736
Fairview, NC 28730
(704) 628-4222 Voice
(704) 628-3100 Fax

Important: This commentary is designed solely as a training tool for
the understanding of technical analysis of the financial markets. It
is not designed to provide any investment or other professional
advice."
)

Highlights: (choose the color for yourself)

TDSeqBuySignal   : Fml("TDSeqBuySignal")

TDSeqSellSignal  : Fml("TDSeqSellSignal")