QuotesPlus Virtual -- Questions

Based on all of the favorable comments on QP2, I have been trying it for
about a week.  So far, so good.

However, the optional "Virtual Program" is confusing, and I would
appreciate any help in understanding it.

1.  What does it really do for you?  That is, in trading just end of day
data  which is moved to my Metastock directories (no IRL as yet), I
don't understand the advantage that virtual can provide.   Could be that
I don't understand how to use it properly, and that's what I'd
appreciate some help on.

2. Why does the virtual program run at start up and stay in the tray?
In other words, what is it doing when I'm not running Metastock?.

3. The rather skimpy manual that Quotes Plus provides says that the
"Setup Virtual" should come up when the CD-ROM is brought up.  It did
not. I only got "Setup Release 2.0".  I was, however, able to download a
"beta" version of the virtual program and got that installed.

Anyhow, it seems that I am missing the whole concept of the use of the
virtual program, and since many of you have spoken so highly of it, I
hope you might enlighten me as to where I am missing the boat.

Thanks,

Leo