RE: Offshore trading

Vitaly

Depends upon how you set it up.  If you do this as an individual, you're
correct.  Again, I have to put a disclaimer here, as I haven't done this,
but I have spent time looking at it.

The approach I would use is as follows:

1- Set up a foreign corporation in a low tax or no tax location.
2- Own stock in this corporation, probably bearer certificates.
3- Do all your trading through this corporation, so any profits and/or
losses belong to the corporation.
4- Since this is a corporation, it pays any taxes due to whatever government
it operates under, so that it is in full and legal compliance with all local
laws. You, on the other hand, are merely a shareholder.  No US taxes are due
and payable until either you receive a salary, dividend (regular income) or
sell your stock (capital gains).
5- You could also legally borrow from the corporation, depending upon the
local laws governing such things without a tax liability, IMHO.  This would
have to be structured properly to insure compliance with all laws involved.

Again, these are just rambling thoughts, but one of these days I will
probably look into it.  At the present time, and with the shaky state of the
world economy, I would rather keep my money here in the good ol' US of A :)
not that I have that much that I need to worry.  If I ever get to the point
that it make a material difference, I'll research this in detail.

Just my opinion.

Guy