Re: System test w/o "re-investment": How?

I handt thought about it, but the principle of the binary indicator that
replicates the buy/sell signals (adapted) should work. Didnt test it though.

a) Define an indicator that takes a value of zero at the begining
b) If it is zero and your system triggers a buy (that is, if the binary
indicator that replicates your system takes the value of 1) then set the
indicator to the close (or whatever price you fancy) for that day
c) If it is nonzero leave it unchanged.

Making a system from it should work more or less the same way.

Buy condition is the buy condition from your system
Sell condition is an impossible one (e.g., close=0)