Re: Intro and Data Feeds

I only follow the lead contract until about 3-4 weeks until first notice
day.  Then, I will collect the upcoming lead contract.  I collect all
available data for each contract, but in system tests, do not consider the
earlier data as you would not be trading that contract.  I use DJ News
Retrieval, but would not recommend them.  Go to http:\\www.cme.com and
http:\\www.cbot.com.  There you will find educational material, time and
sales data for the daily trades and a wealth of other information.
Since I do not trade options, I cannot offer a reply to that portion of
your post.  Good Luck.  Remember, when you take a loss and learn from it,
it no longer becomes just a loss, it becomes a lesson learned (some call it
tuition).  Key word is "learn from it".

Al Taglavore

----------
> From: Chris Mullin <mullin@xxxxxxxx>
> To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cc: mullin@xxxxxxxx
> Subject: Intro and Data Feeds
> Date: Wednesday, July 29, 1998 10:01 AM
>
> Hi all,
>
> Just thought I shuold introduce myself, since I am new to the list.
>
> I just recently bought MS 6.5. I am interested in futures and futures
> options. I have never traded before and will be trading with a small
> account soon. I will be trying to 'protect my assets' by looking for low
> risk futures investments. I hope to be able to survive the market long
> enough to be able to figure out what I'm doing.
>
> I have a bunch of books about technical analysis, options, and the 'what
is
> a futures market' type book. I haven't had enough time to read all the
> books yet. Currently I am reading Murphy's technical analysis book (2nd
> read) which seems like a great book to me. I have been learning a bit
about
> Wyckoff methods from an on-line forum in AOL. I finally figured it was
time
> to get my nose out of the books and into actual real charts, so I bought
MS.

> I'm having a little trouble getting started with MetaStock, due to my own
> shortcomings. Even though I feel like I understand all that I'm reading,
> when I look at a 'raw' chart I feel lost. Other problems I'm having are,
> getting enough history data for each contract, trying to follow too many
or
> the wrong contracts. MetaStock seems like some pretty nice user-friendly
> software but I guess I'm experiencing a learning curve related to not
> knowing what to look at or do.
>
> While I'm here I may as well get a question or two in <G>.
>
> What are you futures and futures options folks using for data feeds? I'd
be
> particularly interested in futures and futures option data.
> How many contracts are you following? How do you organize your charts?
Any