Intro and Data Feeds

Hi all,

Just thought I shuold introduce myself, since I am new to the list.

I just recently bought MS 6.5. I am interested in futures and futures
options. I have never traded before and will be trading with a small
account soon. I will be trying to 'protect my assets' by looking for low
risk futures investments. I hope to be able to survive the market long
enough to be able to figure out what I'm doing.

I have a bunch of books about technical analysis, options, and the 'what is
a futures market' type book. I haven't had enough time to read all the
books yet. Currently I am reading Murphy's technical analysis book (2nd
read) which seems like a great book to me. I have been learning a bit about
Wyckoff methods from an on-line forum in AOL. I finally figured it was time
to get my nose out of the books and into actual real charts, so I bought MS.

I'm having a little trouble getting started with MetaStock, due to my own
shortcomings. Even though I feel like I understand all that I'm reading,
when I look at a 'raw' chart I feel lost. Other problems I'm having are,
getting enough history data for each contract, trying to follow too many or
the wrong contracts. MetaStock seems like some pretty nice user-friendly
software but I guess I'm experiencing a learning curve related to not
knowing what to look at or do.

While I'm here I may as well get a question or two in <G>.

What are you futures and futures options folks using for data feeds? I'd be
particularly interested in futures and futures option data.
How many contracts are you following? How do you organize your charts? Any
other tips or suggestions are always welcome.

I'd love to hear from any futures folks out there. So if you get a chance,
please drop me a line.

Good luck and good tradin' to ya

Chris