Re: Simplicity

----------
> From: A.J. Maas <anthmaas@xxxxxx>
> To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Simplicity
> Date: Wednesday, July 15, 1998 9:36 AM
>
> >since it sounds like everyone is going to be writing system
> >tests and explorations on Al's over the rest of the week.  ;-)
>
> Do you realy think that's what one learns TA for?
=============
Mr. Maas, I have been learning TA for the past 14-15 years (funnymentals
for 10 before TA)
I am learning TA to generate profits.  Profits, Mr. Maas.  Money.  My sole
purpose of trading and investing (the two are different, Mr. Maas) is to
make money.  If you trade for any other purpose, that is your concern.
> -What about TA rule: "Let your profits run"
> -What about TA rule: "Trade the trend, its your friend
==============Am I not trading the trend, Mr. Maas?  If the trend is up,
does it not have to exceed yesterdays high?  When you trade below
yesterday's low, how do you know what the next tic will be?  My TA book
tells me that an uptrend is higher highs and lower lows.
> -What about TA tools: Patterns &Channels
==============
What about them, Mr. Maas.
==============
Seems to me your focus is on rules and tradition, Mr. Maas.
==============
> -Why make millions of trades if same can be accomplished by making only a
few
> right entries and for that, using AND sticking by TA, saving loads on
time and actions,
> time wich is better spend on above mentioned TA and confirmations of
trends
================
Who makes millions of trades, Mr. Maas?  Did I say millions, or did I state
my last 12 have been very profitable.  Is there a problem with your
browser?  Or, do you have a reading impairment?
==================
> -Does everyone wants or has the time to check up on his subject each
day/every hour
> -Does everyone wants or has the time to be in the market from 7:20 till
noon
==================
I am stating what I do to earn a living.  In the markets, one my opt to do
what one wishes.  Or, Mr. Maas, is there a TA rules that says I cannot
trade RTH and Globex also?  I want to trade.  I never stated that everyone
should do what I do.  What is good for me is very obviously NOT good for
you.
===================
> Too much "Simplicity" creates short-mindness, not very
helpfull/profitable, now is it?
===================
Mr. Maas, I maintain a trading account.  If I can make a profit of 10% and
turn this account 10 times in a year, that equals a 100% return on the
account.  300 shares of a $20 stock=$6000 purchase.
A two point rise = $600.  That is a 10% return. (Greater when one considers
this trade lasted only three days).  Now, I can turn that money again.  I
learned this in the automotive business, Mr. Maas.
Read some of the works of Mr. Larry Connors, Mr. Maas.  He taught me this
in a workshop.  You know, workshop, where people go to learn Technical
Analysis from people who have DONE it, Mr. Maas.  Not just TALKED about it.

Now, this is fairly simple, is it not, Mr. Maas?  At least, it is as simple
as I can make it.
Mr. Maas, I have privileged to have someone tell me when a trade is right
or wrong.  I do not talk back, I just listen.  That someone is the market.
It is never wrong.
Must go back to trading, Mr. Maas.  I have given your post more time than
it deserved.

Al Taglavore

> Examples of the Basics of TA:
> In TRENDING markets NOT price, but Trend-Leading Indicators, Momentum,
OBV, CMO