Re: Quotes Plus 2

<<I used the Virtual Program setup to create a virtual
profile of my Metastock data.  Now what?  How do I get data into the
virtual profile of my Metastock files?  When I try to open a virtual
file with MetaStock there doesn't seem to be any data in it.  Any help
will be appreciated.
     Thanks! Jimi>>

You can run scans tthat will automatically send symbols to virtual
directories, or you can import lists of stocks by using the Virtual program.

You could even output all symbols with the following scan:

// OUTPUT ALL SYMBOLS TO METASTOCK FORMAT

Output="symbolms.lst";
ProcessMS = "d:\meta\symbolms\",VMS;
if Close(-1) >= 0 then
println symbol , "," , description;
endif;

The coding to output symbols to a virtual directory is:

ProcessMS = "d:\meta\symbolms\",VMS;

Change this: "d:\meta\symbolms\",VMS;

to the path you want. If you have the Virtual profile on your C drive, for
example, change it to c:\meta

Meta is the name of the main profile directory. You have to set that up by
going to Start, Programs, Quotes Plus 2, QP Virtual Setup. You don't have to
create the subdirectories such as \symbolsms. Those are automatically created
when you run the scan.

There are other ways to get symbols into the Virtual directories. Take a look
at the Setup Program. You'll see that you can drag and drop lists of stocks,
for example.

Most of these things are covered in the help files.

You also might want to read some of the notes in the Quotes Plus thread on
Silicon Investor:

http://talk.techstocks.com/~wsapi/investor/Subject-9637

Brooke