Re: Quotes Plus 2

I am not sure how you got your present files into a virtual file. one way is
to obtain a list of all of your symbols, you can do this and copy and paste
them into a list you create in the charting program. Once you have the list,
you can form profile.(From help) you can:

 create virtual directories from your existing Metastock®-compatible
directories. To use existing directories:

1. Open QP Virtual Setup from the Windows 95 Program Menu.

2. Click Import on the main toolbar.

3. Select the location of your existing Metastock® -compatible directories;
enter a new directory name and click OK.   will create a virtual directory
structure based on the one you specified.

The virtual advantage is 1. saves space, takes up less than 1/10 of normal
files. 2. the splits and corrections are automatic. 3. Since conversion is
done on the fly, your files are available shortly after download. Since you
save space, I do a all symbols list, so everything is available. Then I run
some of the scans for technical and funnymental items which filter the data
down to the ones I want to look at.see:

http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/Exchange/1216/qpscans.html

The help files are a first step, better than manual. Once you think in terms
of lists, created by the scans, I think you will see the advantage. Sean
might speak to the programmer friendly aspects of the language that allows
an external batch file to perform all steps without pushing a button.

Richard Estes