Re: Win98

Lionel wrote:

> I thought it was the Standard Oil that was broken up, not Ford.
>  Ford did not become  a large company till sometimes after 1913 and it
always
>  had tons of competition.

You are right.  To my knowledge Ford was never broken up.

Boeing was forced to break up in the 1930s into what is now Boeing, Partt-
Whitney, and United Airlines.  It wasn't anti-trust action, but a specific law
passed by congress in that era aimed directly at Boeing that forbid any
airplane manufacturer from vertical integration.  They can no longer
manufacture their own engines and can no longer own or operate an airline.
When this law was passed, Bill Boeing who had built his company from scratch,
resigned his company position and went into retirement.  He said it just
wasn't fun anymore.  Bill hadn't violated any law.  He didn't violate Sherman
anti-trust, and there was even loads of competition.  It was jealousy plain
and simple, and I think thats what all the Microsoft haters are really
expressing.

Jim