Re: A Stupid Question . . .

>If I check off the option create new files, then under the sub-directory
>of STOCKS, I will see folders created from A to X with the data files in
>each one.

Also(see my previous posting):

This means that your conversion is succesfull, and that the sub-subs folders
are "automatically" created, containing the "your required" securities.
What you will have to do though, is to check that these securities are not
double(2x) listed, e.g. listed in your sub-folder "Stocks" and listed in
any of the sub-subs "A" "B" "C" etc. etc.

If they are, then by using the "Copy"-tool, keep one(1) security only
(for each of your desired securities) and "copy + delete source"(=move)
them to your manualy-made "Dj-30" or "Magic-25" folder.
Though they are sub-subs with "long" folder-names, the Downloader is capable
of recognising the folder+held securities.

Also when converting you should always apply the option "create new files", and
when you have applied the "Traverse folders" option, then "copy"(see above) any
newly made securities back to the by "your desired"-folder first, before you start
any of your next conversion(s).

>From this point on, your daily updates will be done to the securities held in
the Dj-30+Magic-25 folder and any new securities will be automaticaly be made
in any of the corresponding subs(A/B/C/etc.) depending on the tickers' first
character.

Regards,
Ton Maas
Ms-IRB@xxxxxxxxx

Below the corresponding error-message+its help, from the MS60-on board help file.
In this Ms60 or 65 does not make a difference.
Also Errors are Errors, One is always MUCH TOO many.

Convert Error Messages

The following are the most common convert error messages.  If you receive a message
that is not listed, contact Equis International technical support for more
information (see page 17).

More:

2000 No date field present in data record
2001 No numeric data fields in data record
2002 Blank line encountered
2003 Fewer destination than source files specified
2053 Unable to start new destination file
2054 Unrecognized field in header string
2055 Ticker field present without corresponding periodicity field
2056 Invalid source file format
2069 Unable to retrieve security information
2070 No data exists for this security within the specified range
2071 Unrecognized cell type, cell discarded
2072 Invalid file type, file not converted
2073 Unable to retrieve row and column information
2074 Invalid cell, unable to convert numeric value

2053 Unable to start new destination file
The destination file could not be opened or created because of some type of disk error.