Re: Win98

>I feel the pain the same as you do, but I also
>realize that it is always our choice.  We can
>jump ship anytime we want to.  In fact, the
>other companies want you to -- remember when
>OS/2 made a big todo about Win95 failures?  I'm
>surprised they haven't done that for Win98 as
>well.  Well, not too surprised -- OS/2 falls
>by the wayside and then resurfaces 6 months
>later.

Agree with you whole heartly!!

First, technology progression should NEVER be obstructed*, and
second, not ever by governments ruling markets(=COMMUNISM).
Governments, who first, in this, don't make operating systems and thus
do not have to fork out the needed developments' investments/are exposed
to any of the riscs involved, and second, don't have a qlue what type of
markets-developments are required.
(Most of our "governments" do not DAILY use a computer, let alone
know how to run one !).

*In the early 20th Century-years, Ford Motor Company was forced
to "split up" and what was left over was for others to develop.
This Middle Ages' remidy then resulted in US-recession years,
though it was not the cause, and had set back countries' technical
progress for ages.

If anyone thinks Windows 95/98/NT is not this time-age' demand let
them develop and market their system, know upfront that many have
tried and failed in the end(-product).
Examples of failures are plenty:
-Apples' MAC,OS/2,Unix,DOS etc etc.

Like with the stockmarkets:
Let the markets decide, NOT governments.

And as for any Microsofts' Upgrades:
They are and have known to always be overbugged.
I will NEVER install any of its upgrades, the users' nightmare, and instead
either buy any of its new FULL program versions or do NOT buy/skip it at all.

Regards,
Ton Maas
Ms-IRB@xxxxxxxxx