THE WIN98 ISSUE

After reading the numerous posts regarding the upgrade to Win98, I
hestiate to perform this on my notebook, especially reformatting and
going through the software reinstallation steps.  However this notebook
is a very new Dell Inspiron 3200 and the upgrade kit comes from Dell.
They have taken extra steps to ensure a smooth transition including an
updated BIOS flash disk, upgrade setup disk, and Dell update CD all
designed for this purpose.  Many of the problems that people are
experiencing may be due to older BIOS versions on their PC rather than
Win98 itself.  Before upgrading be sure to verify whether your BIOS
version needs updating.

I shall take the plunge shortly and report back.  All should go well
assuming that I'm in good hands with the folks at Dell.

Chuck