Re: Windows 98

>Has anyone taken the plunge on Windows 98?  If so what is your opinion
>of it and is it worth the money?

I've been using Win 98 for months now... my "day job" is in computer
tech support, and we've been playing with it thru several beta releases.
I have to agree with some of the other posts I've seen that say if
you're gonna make the upgrade, it's probably best to do a complete
format of your drive and start with a fresh install. I did just that,
and find 98 to be a bit faster, a bit more stable, and definitely more
robust "under the hood."  There's lots of improvements that are not very
noticeable to the user, including better protection and backup of system
Registry files, and a nifty new Disk Clean program that automatically
deletes temp files and internet cache files (if you set it that way).

Just my $0.02 worth....
Bill Sklodowski