Re: Running win95 and 3.1.1

Lionel Issen wrote:

> Penelope:
>
> No-one needs Win 3.xx.  Win 95 is more stable, recovery is faster and has
> fewer problems than win 3.xx.  If anyone is updating to Win 95 they should
> consider updating directly to Win 98.
>
> Lionel

Lionel,

I have Win 3.11 on a machine, have absolutely no trouble, run MSW 5.11,
and MS Office.  It does everything I need to do.  I understand Win 3.11
thoughly, it has no register to contend with, and I do not have to fuss
with "Plug and Pray".  I use directories and programs, not folders.  I
have a second machine with Win '95, and, because of the MANY bugs and
shortcomings, I have never seen a need to "upgrade"(?) to Win '95.  I
have had experience, through our local computer club, to explore Win
"98.
I will agree with you as to using Win 98 as opposed to Win 95.  Win 98
seem to have fixed the many bugs and shortcomings in Win 95.  It should
be noted that this will be the last "Win" upgrade before going to a NT
type of system.  With this in mind, why not simply go to Win NT and not
concern oneself with Win 98?

Al Taglavore