Re: Times are a changing? Bonds&Equities

Guy,

My systems/methodolgies have been experiencing similar phenomena for the past
few months.  Not only my interest rate basket vs S&P but also across other
instruments too.

I trade a broad range of markets around the world and at any one time will have
positions in up to maybe 15 markets.  My systems use the inter-relations between
instruments not only for signal confirmation/divergence but also for
risk-measurement.  These changes that I have observed have not (yet?) reached a
level where they have turned a profitable methodology into a losing proposition
but my measures of profitability have decreased somewhat with increased PnL
volatility.

Like you, I am still exploring what these fundamental changes are that are
transpiring and how best to capture these within a methodology without
re-optimizing parameters.

I am also noticing a marked shift in profit contribution from my various
systems:  My trend-following systems have improved in performance at the
detriment of my counter-trend systems.  Up until recently my portfolio risk was
approximately 70% trend-following and 30% counter-trend.  I have now upped my
trend-following risk to 85%.  This has increased some measures of profitabilty
and also dampened some the previously mentioned increase in PnL volatility.

Regards,

Essan.