RE: Times are a changing? Bonds&Equities

D. M.

You're more on top of it than I am.  I really just noticed it in May.  Now,
we hadn't started trading again until this last February as the docs wanted
me to take the year off following my heart attack and subsequent open heart
surgery.  I'm now going to go back to February, to see if I can see a
difference.  Following that, I'll go back and check to October to try to
identify any impact there,

I agree that the Asian 'problems' are the probable cause, but I worry about
whether this is temporary or the leading edge of a more fundamental change
in the market.  Deflation, devaluation of currencies, other basic changes in
the marketplace.  FWIW, we're having what I consider hyperinflation in real
estate where I live.  People are paying just about anything to buy a house
here.  Builder sold a spec home across the street from me (3,200 sq. ft. -
low quality construction) for $1.2mm.  He's asking $1.4mm for the one next
to it and just bought the lot next to that one (a tear down) for $550,000
and thought he stole it .  Give me a break.  Even with the property boom in
1989-90, prices never got this high.

Regards