Trendlines

Hi,

Does anyone have suggestions for creating a function/indicator for a
manually drawn trendline.  If I rest the mouse pointer over the
trendline, I get the start date and value, end date and value, and the
slope of the trendline along with the current value.  Unfortunately, one
can only copy it as a graphic object.

I guess I can manually enter the slope and one point to get the equation
of the line and extrapolate to any date.  But I am hoping there is a
more elegant method.  Tech support at Equis wasn't of much help.  I am
trying to come up with a mechanical system that trades on various
trendlines.

TIA

Darryl