Re: problem with disappearing text

Chris Henderson wrote:

> I've had this problem too, always in a non-Smart Chart - ie some kind of
> derived chart.  Not consistently.  My workaround is to close and re-open the
> chart, or put the next in a different inner window.

Well, now I know that there are at least three of us.  Even though I resolved my
problem, I'm gonna e-mail support about this just to see what they have to say.
I don't use smart charts.   I too could place text in an inner window, but not
the main window.  I even dragged the price bars to create a new inner window,
and that inner window accepted text but the main window still would not.
Couldn't even cut/paste from an inner to main.  I discovered the problem as soon
as I created a new chart and applied the template.  Since it would not accept
text, I did not save the chart, thinking that now was the time to track down the
problem, so closing and re-opening the same chart was not an option.  However,
closing and re-opening Metastock did not correct the problem for me.
Reinstalling Metastock over the existing copy did not correct the problem for
me.  Re-booting didn't help.  I even threatened my copy of Metastock with
complete and utter annihilation, but alas that too was in vain.  I'm guessing
that we're all using version 6.5.

 >My workaround is to close and re-open the chart, or put the next in a
different inner window.

You mean that this problem is ongoing?

Ken