Re: Power-cut - & Iomega

A few months back there was a discussion about the Iomega problem.  Iomega
is/was replacing ZIP d rives that  developed this problem.  I think there
may still be some information at the Iomega web site.  Also, Iomega will
respond to phone calls about this problem.

Lionel

At 09:42 AM 6/8/98 +0200, J.W.E Roberts wrote:
>Same thing here; however JAZ-Drive. The thingy is expensive, media too,
and utterly unreliable.
>J.W.E. Roberts
>
>Robert Duplain wrote:
>
>> You're very couragous to rely on zip drives to secure you data.
>>
>> To my experience Omega Zip Drive is UNreliable.  Some month ago mine
started "clicking" and scraped disks where I had saved valuable data.
Nobody knew why this common phenomena occurred.  Iomega just ignored the
problem (look at their stock value).

>> I resolved the enigma by putting the Zip Drive in the oven at 450 deg.
for 1 hour. It does not work anymore by I know why.

>> Believe me, you better get a second hard drive and backup on it, it is
much cheaper per Meg, faster and much more reliable.

>> Robert

Lionel Issen
lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx