RE: Power-cut

You might want to consider keeping an offsite back up as well.  Fire, etc.
can wipe out both drives.  I do keep a back up on my second drive daily as
well as back up over the Internet.

For the time I saved after my C: drive went down and I couldn't access my D:
drive right away because of compression difficulties, I was very happy to
have a current copy available for downloading.

When I installed my new computer (Pentium 400, 8.4Gb and 5.25Gb  hard
drives, 64Mb RAM to be upgraded to 128Mb, DVD-2, etc.) I was able to
download my MetaStock data and get running in minutes.

Wish I could say that about a few other applications.  Now that I've learned
my lesson, I'm backing everything up to one of our other computers as well.
Everything that I don't have a source disk for will be backed up off site as
well as on my second drive and/or over our LAN here in the house to my 7
year olds P166 or my wife's ThinkPad 560.  Better safe than sorry.  I lost
almost 2 months recovering from that disaster.  Never again!

Regards

Guy