Re: MetaStock interface with Unfair Advantage

Defrag:

I use an app which makes it easy for me to maintain lots of partitions
on my hard drive. Partition Magic.

After almost every UA update I have to run a defrag app on that
partition. Is FAIRLY easy cause is small(still a bother).

This has eliminated all of the problems I was having with CSI except
occasional problems with their web site.

Of course who knows what will happen next!!!

The Basic cause of the problem:

As near as I can tell the root of this problem is a marketing
 misconception on the part of someone at MStck.

Developers and data suppliers use to count on MStck to develop a DLL
for them to use in converting their data formats to MStck.

MStck use to sell them this DLL.... Fine.

But since the Reuters purchase they have decided against selling the
latest 32 bit DLL to anyone, so that only Reuters data will be fully
compatible with MStck.

This is a HUGE mistake for MStck (IMO). Haven't they ever heard of
Apple computer? By limiting full access to their app to only Reuters
data users they are shrinking their potential market. Reuters has made
a similiar mistake with the data conversion end of it.

I've used MStck for quite awhile (and like it). I like Reuters but
not for futures (and no options).

I sure hope they get it together on this cause competition is what
keeps a business healthy and I'd hate to have to learn a new app.
(But I will if I must).

I also wish there was an easy way to wake up the marketing people
involved. Thats the only way I know of solving the problem.

BTW, Its been months since I studied this issue, so things may be
changing (but they don't appear to have!!).

Ray Hodge