Re: Demand Index

You can also find more about the Demand Index (and many other TA
indicators) at the following site:

http://www.equis.com/free/taz/demandind.html

It is a totally free, online version of Steve Achelis' "Technical
Analyis from A to Z".  Achelis is the president of Equis, the company
that publishes MetaStock.

Chip

Free Market & Sector Charts
 @ http://coolhistory.com/ChipsCharts

Disclaimer: I don't agree with Richard either! ;-)))

---Richard Leighton Dixon <rldixon@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I recall fielding a question about the Demand Index several months
ago. I
> found the following about this proprietary indicator. I hope it helps.
>
> Demand Index
>
> Format: DemandIndex(range)
>
> Developed by James H. Sibbet, the Demand index is the ratio between
up and
> down volume and is thought to be particularly valuable due to the
generally
> leading nature of volume data.
>
> In the Demand Index, the total volume for a given day is divided
into two
> portions according to the position of the close between the day's
true high
> - the higher of today's high and yesterday's low - and the true low
- the
> lower of today's low and yesterday's high. True high and true low
eliminate
> the problems of limit days and more appropriately apportion volume
on gap
> days.
>
> The separate up volume and down volume are then smoothed
exponentially. The