Re: Brass Ring

>From: Howard Bandy <hbandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Brass Ring
>Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 06:43:56 -0700
>
>I have recently received a mailing describing the "Brass Ring" system,
=
>published by Jack Filkey.  I recall getting similar mailing several =
>years ago, so the system has been around for a while.  Does anyone have
=
>experience with it?
>
>Thanks,
>Howard

As of a few years ago, the program was about buying retracements to the
trend. It was for daytrading. Early on the system went through some
revisions as to parameters and indicators and probably has gone through
more to date. Originally when I saw it the screens were set up for
Master Chartist. The trend was identified by 21ma above a 45ma, MACD
positive and price above a volatility stop and reverse. The MACD was
later dropped. Basically, trade with the trend. The retracement to the
trend was identified by a slow simple Stochastic (21,3,3) and I believe
was later changed to (8,7,2). The trigger was to look for a divergence
on a fast (5,3,3) stoch against price. There was rudimentary discussion
about elliot wave (like be aware of 1,2,3,4,5) and also fibonacci price
targets.

Steve